Ayurveda Yoga Specialist Certification with Kathryn Templeton
Are you a yoga teacher, and looking to go deeper with your students outside of weekly classes?
An Ayurveda Yoga Specialist certification will open new doors and revenue streams in your yoga teaching and healing practice by laying the groundwork for you to support individuals in managing their lifestyles for optimum health. Because Ayurveda has so many avenues for kick-starting the healing process, you will have a number of tools (in addition to asana) to support your clients in creating optimal health.
The Ayurveda Yoga Specialist training program is certified through the 5000 year tradition from the Himalayan Institute and NAMA. All dedicated yoga students and teachers are invited to take this training, but certification will only be given to students who have 200-hour yoga certification from an accredited school (YTT program).
“Who we are is the result of how we live and act on a daily basis. Our daily actions reflect our prime values and motivations.” ― David Frawley, Yoga for Your Type: An Ayurvedic Approach to Your Asana Practice Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist (AYS)
The AYS program provides yoga teachers with a complete Ayurvedic tool-kit. Upon successful completion of the 4 AYS modules, you will be certified in providing Ayurveda counseling and lifestyle enhancements to your students and individual clients.
NOTE: Sessions 1 to 3 can be taken as independent workshops and must be completed before registering for Session 4. All four sessions are required for certification.
About the Certification
Students will learn
- How prana (life force) and ojas (deep vitality) can be cultivated to regulate and support agni (digestive fire) for optimal health
- A deeper knowledge of the ayurvedic maps: doshas (constitutions), gunas (psychological tendencies), vayus (winds or movement of prana), and koshas (sheaths)
- How to adapt asana (postures) and pranayama to kindle our agni and better circulate prana for efficient energy management
- The alchemy of yoga and ayurveda along with diet and lifestyle adjustments to adapt to daily, seasonal, and stage-of-life changes
- How to identify typical constitutional imbalances and know how to address vikruti (imbalances) through asana, pranayama, deep relaxation, meditation and diet, cleansing, and lifestyle adjustments.
Required Reading (these books are not included in the cost of tuition)
Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume One: Fundamental Principles by Dr. Vasant Lad
Yoga & Ayurveda: Self-Healing and Self-Realization by David Frawley
Suggested Reading (these books are not included in the cost of tuition) Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living by Thomas Yarema
Each individual session is $399. Sessions 1, 2 & 3 can be taken in an order at anytime. If you purchase and attend all 4 session in a given year the cost is $1396 ($ 200 savings). Tuition includes all related materials (manual) and documents. Payment Plan is available. Please contact us @ email@example.com or call: 267-374-4046.
please note, additional dates may be listed when checking out due to on-line component of Session 2. Disregard dates that do not match the pricing option you chose.
Learn About Each Session click below