Join Luke Ketterhagen, senior teacher in the Himalayan Tradition, and awaken lasting change with this workshop that will be a balanced class of energetic asana, awakening pranayama, deep relaxation, and guided meditation to draw the mind inward and experience the bliss of the heart.
Each session will include a full, balanced practice from a different perspective all leading to the goal of finding, achieving and resting at inner peacefulness and calm.
Saturday, Session I - Foundation: Diaphragmatic Breathing
Without a firm foundation and understanding of diaphragmatic breathing we will could continue to move from more a rudimentary understanding of the link between the nervous system and the breath.
· The breath has the more direct reflection on the breathing mechanism than any other system.
· The breath can be controlled voluntarily and or will be controlled involuntarily
· A relaxed deep breath allows for relaxation.
· A relaxed muscle is the only muscle that can stretch - not strain or be pulled - and as a consequence move through its natural and full range of movement
· Range of movement is key to strength that is sustainable
Saturday, Session II - Building a Container and Adding Fire: Agni Sara
A 'container' is essential in yoga because as you create energy you also want to be able to harness it and eventually direct it. Without this 'container' we may unconsciously be draining the collection vessel in the process. If there is a hole in the 'container' does it matter how much energy, strength and power you generate?
However, with a firm, solid container we can add as much energy as we can manage and then direct it and utilize it in any way we want.
· Awareness of our core strength starts at the floor of the pelvis muscles
· Move your awareness to the abdomen and the fire and power there.
· Keep a relaxed yet focused energy around this practice to build not deplete
· See the link between the different parts of the breath and the sustainability of the practice when extra effort is relaxed.
Sunday, Session I - Moving the Energy: Breath
We can move in many ways. Moving in coordination with the breath is the way to stay present and build power, manipulate the muscles and bones all the while staying within a safe level of practice so that we first and foremost - Do no harm.
· Inhale to open; exhale to contract
· Seamlessly transitioning in and out of postures to create a gentle rhythm
· The rhythm keeps the nervous system calm, the breath smooth and the muscles looking for more - safely
Registered Yoga Instructors: Yoga Alliance CEU's are given for this workshop
Sessions may be taken individually.
The weekend package (all 3 sessions) includes an additional option of taking Luke's public classes (9:30 am & 10:30 am Saturday & Sunday respectively). A catered lunch by Nourish Catering is another option that can be added to your weekend package.
Saturday, September 23rd
9:30 am -10:45 am - Public Class
11:00 am- 1:00 pm - Session I
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Lunch
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm - Session II
Sunday, September 24th
10:30 am - 11:45 am - Public Class
11:45 am - 1:00 pm - Lunch 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm - Session I
early bird pricing until September 10th
Individual Sessions: $45 early bird $55 after
Sweat to Bliss weekend: $108 early bird $138 after
Sweat to Bliss weekend w/public classes: $129 early bird $160 after
Sweat to Bliss weekend w/ public classes & lunch: $150 early bird $180 after