500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Each Segment Consists of Five Weekend Workshops
with June Hunt, E-RYT500 and Himalayan Institute Senior Faculty
When you enroll in the Himalayan Institute’s 500-hour teacher training course, you don’t just train to become a teacher—you get the opportunity to participate in one of the best teacher training programs in the nation, and learn from some of the most experienced yoga teachers alive today. Through their guidance, you will acquire the wisdom and knowledge to confidently interpret and convey the deeper meaning of yoga.
Our 500-hour yoga teacher training program offers yoga teachers from all traditions and backgrounds the opportunity to advance their studies in a truly impactful way. Our teachings draw from the source of yoga, based in guidance passed down by Swami Rama—a true yogic master who founded the Himalayan Institute—and rooted in yogic scriptures.
The Himalayan Institute 500-hour teacher training course includes in-depth application of:
• Advanced studies in teaching methods
• Sequencing strategies
• Verbal and hands-on assists
• Practical application of subtle body anatomy in asana teaching
You will also explore advanced applications of yoga for mental and physical well-being, acquire an authentic understanding of the eight limbs of yoga through an in depth study of essential yogic texts, and attain a first-hand experience of ancient techniques in pranayama (breathing techniques), pratyahara (sense withdrawal), and meditation.
Whether you wish to develop your skills for teaching yoga classes, or broaden your personal application of yoga through an advanced teacher training course, our 500-hour program is an excellent way to become proficient in concepts initially touched upon in 200-hour yoga teacher training courses.
Our 500-hour yoga teacher training program consists of 3 modules that are each broken into 5 weekends. You have the freedom to take the modules in any order you choose but you must attend all five weekends within the module. You can take up to three years to complete them.
This 500-hour yoga teacher training course is certified through Yoga Alliance.
Advanced Teaching Methods: Exploring the Heart of Yoga Technique and Philosophy
April 5-7, 2019, May 3-5, 2019, May 31 - June 2, 2019, September 6-8, 2019, & October 4-6, 2019
As we advance in our teaching and personal practice, it is common to find ourselves becoming stagnant in our teaching, or feel a strong desire to explore more than what we’ve become accustomed to. Segment I is a chance for you to deeply examine your own personal practice and teaching style, and then refine and develop this further. You will begin to cultivate a relationship with the more subtle practices of yoga, using the Yoga Sutra as a foundation, and learn more about breathing, sense withdrawal, and meditation from both a personal and professional standpoint.
This segment of our teacher training course will focus on:
• Refining your ability to deliver effective, efficient, and elegant verbal instruction
• Developing your skills of observation and intuitive sensitivity to students’ needs
• Understanding the deeper dimensions of yogic breathing for nervous system balance and as a support for deeper spiritual practices
• Learning to offer students guided, systematic relaxations that increase prana and prepare students for meditation
• Practicing traditional yogic meditation techniques
• Participating in an in-depth study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra that will make this ancient text come alive as a support for your practice and teaching
• Developing the subtle aspects of yoga, including breathing, sense withdrawal, and meditation
• Enhancing your credibility as a yoga teacher by skillfully incorporating Sanskrit into your teaching, and learn a set of traditional Sanskrit prayers and chants
Our early bird tuition pricing is $1200, and ends March 31, 2019. Regular tuition is $1500 per segment. We also offer payment plans.
Awakening the Subtle Body: Chakras, Pranayama, and Sacred Yogic Texts
January 3-5, 2020, January 31-February 2, 2020, February 28-March 1, 2020, April 3-5, 2020, & May 1-3, 2020
Segment II of our 500-hour yoga teacher training program is more inward and reflective. You will dive deeply into a personal study of subtle body anatomy, working with the concepts of chakras and prana vayus in a practical and grounded way. You will learn how to apply this experiential knowledge to your own practice and teaching, and expand your capacity to develop intelligent and energetically balanced class sequences. Learning to sequence energetically will help your students cultivate the ability to sustain an inner focus that serves as a foundation for meditation. During this segment, we will also look at the Bhagavad Gita and learn how the ancient dialogue between Arjuna and Krishna can give us insight into the battlefield of life.
In this segment of our teacher training course, you will:
• Refine your understanding of chakras as doorways to pure consciousness, and integrate this knowledge into the practice of asana with a chakra focus
• Develop or deepen your personal practice of pranayama, and learn how to offer these potent practices to students in a balanced and practical way
• Learn more about the five prana vayus in relation to breathing, prana, and pranayama
• Refine your skills of effective and powerful class sequencing
• Participate in an in-depth study of the Bhagavad Gita as a foundation for understanding the four paths of yoga, dharma, and the wheel of karma
• Practice time tested yogic meditation techniques to develop or deepen your personal meditation practice, and teach meditation fundamentals to your students
• Enhance your credibility as a yoga teacher by skillfully incorporating Sanskrit into your teaching, and learn a set of traditional Sanskrit prayers and chants
The Art of Teaching Yoga for Health and Balance: Deeper Physical and Psychological Strategies September 11-13, 2020, October 9-11, 2020, November 13-15, 2020, December 11-13, & January 8-10, 2021
Segment III of our 500 hour yoga teacher training course will focus on developing techniques that help you support students with common structural and physiological problems in the classroom. This module will also teach you to use yoga and ayurveda to harness prana and counteract the harmful effects of chronic stress, mental degeneration, physical discomfort, and emotional imbalances. As a practitioner, you will develop personal strategies and practices for understanding yourself and for handling life’s ups and downs with greater ease.
This segment of our teacher training course will teach you to:
• Understand prana as a powerful healing force, and as a pillar that supports the body and the mind
• Use the practice of asana to become aware of habits and imbalances in the body and to establish new, helpful patterns of pranic flow
• Deepen your understanding of the nervous system and how chronic stress sets the stage for disease and imbalance
• Learn how yoga psychology and philosophy can support mental and emotional health
• Develop a set of practical strategies and practices for coping with pain and suffering
• Become more familiar with common structural and physiological problems and understand how the holistic science of yoga can help
• Discover how a basic understanding of ayurveda can support the practices of yoga by enhancing overall vitality and balance
Our early bird tuition pricing is $1200, and ends November 15, 2019. Regular tuition is $1500 per segment. We also offer payment plans.
any questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 267-374-4046