Are you interested in teaching trauma sensitive yoga and mindfulness to people seeking recovery from addiction? Transformation Yoga Project is offering a special training for yoga teachers, social workers and committed yoga practitioners interested in working with people who have been impacted by trauma and/or addiction.
This two day workshop will be led by Mike Huggins, Colleen DeVirgiliis and several guest instructors with experience teaching yoga for recovery. The workshop will reflect their experience leading Yoga and Mindfulness classes in inpatient and outpatient facilities, sober living homes, behavioral health settings and community centers.
Topics will include:
• What is yoga service
• What is unresolved trauma and how does it impact the body mind spirit connection
• Understanding addiction and its treatment
• Connecting 12 step and other recovery plans to yoga philosophy and practice.
• How to create a class that is trauma sensitive
• Completion of this workshop is required to teach trauma sensitive yoga for Transformation Yoga Project. This workshop is for professional development for Registered Yoga Teachers, social workers and mental health providers, and is not intended as an intervention for those who have experienced trauma or are struggling with an addiction.
Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 12:30 pm -6:00 pm
Limited to 25 participants.
A 13-hour Yoga Alliance Certificate will be given for Continuing Education Credit upon completion of the training.